Your smile’s appearance is important, but so is its function. Without a fully functioning smile, you may have trouble performing such necessary tasks as eating and even speaking. Plus, missing and damaged teeth can alter your appearance to the point you don’t feel like yourself. Let us bring your oral function back with restorative dentistry in Lumberton. You’ll smile freely again and be able to enjoy all of your favorite foods!
We offer restorative dental care to:
- Fill gaps in your smile left by missing teeth
- Mend cavities of any size
- Fix cracked or broken teeth
- Remove painful infection from teeth
- Allow you to keep teeth and avoid extraction
If you’ve suffered dental damage, call us today at 409-206-1763.
Repair Cavities With Restorative Dentistry Procedures
We can repair most dental damage with restorative dentistry procedures. We use tools like digital panoramic X-rays and intraoral cameras during your dental exams to find cavities when they are easy to treat with fillings. We’ll use air abrasion technology for many small cavities. Unlike a drill, there is no heat, vibration, or whining sound. The process is so comfortable, many people don’t even need anesthesia! For a natural look, we use metal-free, tooth-colored fillings that blend easily into your smile.
If your cavity is too large for a filling, you may need a:
- Dental Crown – Since a crown covers your entire tooth, it can be used to repair large cavities. It can also mend damage like breaks and cracks and even cover cosmetic issues such as stubborn stains or misshapen teeth. We’ll make no-mess impressions of your tooth for a crown using our digital scanning technology.
- Inlay or Onlay – These restorations cover the entire top surface and/or side of your tooth, so they work well for decay that is too severe for a filling but not bad enough for a crown.
If decay gets inside your tooth, it infects the root, putting you at risk of losing the tooth. If that happens, Dr. Nelams can perform a root canal procedure to remove the infection and keep the tooth intact.
With or Without Implants, Replace Your Missing Teeth With Dentures
If you’ve lost most or all of your teeth, you can replace them with dentures. You can choose:
- Full Dentures – These replacement teeth are held in place by suction and sometimes adhesive. You can get them in your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both.
- Partial Dentures or Bridges – You can fill a gap left by several teeth in a row with partial dentures. A partial clips onto your surrounding teeth to stay in place. A fixed dental bridge is another option for replacing several missing teeth. Unlike a denture, you don’t need to remove it for cleaning.
- Immediate Dentures – We place these dentures the day your teeth are extracted, so you’re never without teeth during the healing period.
We can also secure your dentures with dental implants, which offers numerous benefits. It’s easier to enjoy more foods with dental implant dentures because they won’t slip or become dislodged while you’re eating. Like natural tooth roots, implants stimulate your jaw, which keeps it strong and healthy. With a strong jaw, you’ll need fewer fit adjustments for your dentures. We use mini dental implants, which are less invasive than full-size implants.
For restorative dentistry in Lumberton, call 409-206-1763.